Tuesday, June 17, 2008

updates..

Wow so it's been a few weeks, and I've failed miserably to keep this thing updated :) I don't even have any fun pic's to add! Pretty lame!

I'm coming up on my last 2 weeks of class, so far so good! For the first time in my life I have a 100% in a class... Anatomy & Physiology to top it off! It pays to do extra on assignments I guess! Crazy.. Needless to say it makes going into finals next week a little easier on the mind!

Brian finally finished his Boeing training, and we were surprised to find out they switched him over to 1st shift.. meaning VERY early mornings for him! He's up by 3:45am every week day to be in Everett by 5:18. So we're establishing a "bedtime" for him hehe :) It's the only way to keep us both sane! I feel bad for him though because he's trying to go to bed when the suns still out.. and it's just not that easy!

We're almost done with our childbirth classes, and I have to say we're both a little relieved! They're kinda dry and boring, Some of it has been great, but 7 straight weeks is getting a little old, but we only have one more class after tonight's class. Woo Hoo!

On Saturday I took the Glucose test that tests for Gestational Diabetes. Woke up, drank about 8oz of this sugar drink (it tasted like orange otter pop juice), and had to go get blood drawn one hour after finishing the drink. I have never felt so weird... I just felt shaky, clammy, just overall not good, kinda like I was going to pass out, but not dizzy.. just weird! I just called the Dr. a few min ago to find out my results.. and I guess what they say is true. No news is good news. No gestational diabetes!! YAY no big baby for me and no follow up 3 hour glucose test! (Doing happy dance)

Well I best be going, we have a stop or two to make on our way to class, so TTFN... I will get some more pic's up soon because I swear my stomach has doubled in size in just a couple weeks! I started to be able to see the movements when I look at my stomach which is just too much fun! Brian and I sat here last night just laughing cause it just kept jumping around. Good times :) no shots to the ribs yet (just the bladder) so we're good!

1 comment:

McMahan family said...

Ahhhh, I'm so excited for you. Posts like this make me so enthusiastic for baby #2. I can't wait to be pregnant again. Weird how I couldn't wait for Emma to GET OUT of me just five months ago and now I want to start it all over again! :)

My glucose drink was red and was like a flat fruit punch soda drink. I didn't feel sick after I drank it, though.

Can't wait to see some new pictures! We should so get together before she gets here...let me know when you are most available and maybe Emma and I could bring you lunch.