Peyton decided to give us our first major freak out on Sunday night. We were sitting in bed while she slept in her bassinet, and of course we were being oh so smart as to NOT sleep while she sleeps (I keep saying we'll learn.. but I'm starting to doubt that) But this time it was a good thing Peyton threw up and wound up choking on it, Being newbies to the whole thing it left us pretty rattled.
Since then she's been doin ok, I've just been a little on the nervous side to put her down on her back anymore. I've since decided that I'm a little more comfortable with the side sleeping position atleast then if something happens it won't come back in her face!
Anyway things have been GREAT! I wish she'd sleep a little more at night but tis the nature of the beast, we love her anyway! She's a GREAT sleeper during the day so I guess I have nobody but myself to blame for not sleeping when she sleeps :)
She's already becoming so much more alert during the day and will lie there and stare at herself in her baby einstein gym for 20-30 min at a time, and of course flashy lights and music keep her occupied for quite a while, she just stares! She's already starting to get some control of her neck, obviously she has a ways to go.. but she can stabilize it for a few seconds at a time. I know they say that at this age any smile is simply due to gas, but this girl has so many adorable facial expressions! I/we can sit there for hours staring at her! TOO MUCH FUN!
We are definitely blessed though as we really haven't had a rough time from the get go with her! My Pregnancy was pretty easy, labor was only 16 hours, epidural worked, and by comparison to some I've heard was pretty easy, breastfeeding has gone PERFECT! She knew more what to do than I did straight out of the womb!
Anyway all told things have been great! She's BEAUTIFUL and a bundle of fun! I'll keep posting more, we have so many pictures that it's hard to keep up with them all!
1 comment:
Hurray!
I can't wait to see the little Peyton in person. Soon, soon!
Post a Comment