So apparently I'm only updating once a month! UG But once a month is better than never! Anyway as a lot of you know It's been quite an... eventful month for us here at the McCrery household! June wrapped up with a well deserved trip for everyone to Cannon Beach, OR. My parents invited us to join them on their trip again this year which is always amazing! When we got there we had some drama with our accommodations, but other than that everything went great. We had a relaxing week flying kites, reading, skim boarding, & introducing Peyton to the beach and the water... which might I add she's a fish! She did NOT want to come out! I figured she'd fuss because it was cold and that would be that...but she just wanted to get deeper in the water & when I pulled her out she was upset! Crazy girl :) Everything went Great... until 1) Lyndsey's dog got lost.. and after a few hours of searching and literally chasing her miles down a road they got her back!! (Talk about miracles!!), and 2) I fell off my skim board and let's just say my ankle didn't look right (I'll spare you the details & the pictures are on our picasa).
Needless to say 911 came on the beach in trucks got me off the beach into an ambulance, and to an ER in seaside. When I got there xrays were taken and it was determined that I fractured both my tibia and fibula! I was instructed to head straight to the ER at Overlake, they set and splinted my ankle, gave me perkoset and sent me on my way. My AMAZING sister had 90% of the room pack up before we even got back from the hotel and they packed the car and we were on our way. My dad drove me straight to overlake, I was admitted to the ER followed by the orthopedic unit and told I would have surgery the next day... but they didn't know when. At that point it had already been 14 hours since I had eaten anything and wasn't allowed to eat/drink until surgery the following day (which ended up being 16 hours after that!) They didn't know when my surgery would be, so they didn't want to chance me eating anything! Surgery went well... and 1 plate and 6 screws later I'm on my way to healing. I was in the temporary cast for a week and a half and i've been in my bright pink cast for a week now. I'm finally down to only a few pain pills a day, however whenever I put my foot down it still feels like I have a rubber band wrapped around my ankle which is pretty uncomfortable... but overall things are going well
I miss being able to take care of Peyton though! I realize what I took for granted once I wasn't able to do what I could before! My family has been great! and I have no idea what I would do without them right now!
I updated our picasa... check out the pic's from Peytons first 4th and her vacation to cannon beach!
1 comment:
now you'll beep whenever you go through the detectors at airports! And when they ask, you can look all sly and say that you have adamantium bones. Sweet.
Peyton is gorgeous. Wyatt got a little something for her at Disneyland - we'll send it along with Brian's birthday and father's day stuff - which is embarrassingly late.
Post a Comment