Well it's Sunday... and still no baby, Apparently she's comfortable and enjoying her time in there. I on the other hand WANT TO MEET HER! Oh well her days are numbered, and we'll meet her soon enough, what's a few more days after 9 months right?
I've been contracting here and there, but they're more like Braxton Hicks... (I think) than anything else, They're just a little uncomfortable and really unpredictable. Nothing worth takin out the stop watch to time. So in 18 hours hopefully the gel will start to move things along, but who's counting!
The hospital called yesterday to verify my appt, and I got a little more info on what to expect on Monday. Apparently I get there at 8, then I'm hooked up to monitors for a NST to make sure the baby is doin ok. Assuming everything is ok they'll put the gel in to help ripen everything up & keep me hooked up to monitors for 2 hours following. So all told I'll be there atleast 3 hours. Then if everything is looking good & it hasn't put me in labor they will send me home, only to go back to the other office for another NST in the afternoon at 4:30, so needless to say it'll be a long day, but hopefully it will get things moving along.
It was mentioned that I hadn't yet posted about Brian and the Strike situation yet! He is on strike for those of you that don't know, but my Brilliant husband kept his job at Safeway the whole time he was at Boeing, so he simply slipped back into his produce position during the Strike. The only hitch in the plan is we will have to pay for COBRA after Sept. 30 to maintain insurance, but if that's the only thing we have to worry about I'm not complaining. Safeway has been really understanding of his situation & is really working with him to allow time for appointments and unpredictability of a baby coming! So we're really grateful for that!
So with that, we're doin great, anxious to meet Peyton and really just waiting.. still :) We are happy she's happy and healthy but we're dying to meet her and get all the unknowns out of the way!
I know you're all dyin to know what's goin on, so I'll really work on keeping this updated as much as possible! .. of course that all depends on an Internet connection at the hospital :) check back tomorrow & I'll let you know how the gel treatment goes (and if I don't it's because I'm in the hospital and can't connect.. cross your fingers for that one!)
No comments:
Post a Comment